Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day in the Holy Land

Shalom Everyone!

Well - believe it or not - my new life in the Holy Land has officially started! After 17 hours of travel and a bit of a bumpy ride on the 'sherut' (shuttle) into Jerusalem, I made it to my apartment and was met by wonderful family friends and the very friendly landlord, Asaf.

The apartment is great (I will post pictures a.s.a.p): nice kitchen (though I need to buy EVERYTHING for it), welcoming living room, lots of windows, 2 balconies, in home washer/dryer and the bedrooms are just fine! I really can't wait to turn this apartment into a home.

After getting everything settled with the flat, my friends took me to the store to get some paper plates, showed me where the banks are, and then kindly took me into their home. I was fed, hugged, reassured and put to bed.

As for how I am doing...well...the honest truth is that I am overwhelmed, completely in shock, and for the most part - cannot believe that I am in Israel right now......FOR 10 MONTHS!!! I don't know about you guys, but this is definitely a bit nuts! However, thanks to family and friends, I am doing my best to stay calm and not cry all of the time. haha. I'll get it, slowly but surely.

On today's agenda: setting up a bank account, getting a cell phone, and checking in to the Menachem Begin Center where my program is based out of.

That's about the most of it for now. I will write again next chance I get (not sure when that will be - as I do not yet have any internet in my flat). But hey... I'll figure something out! :-D

Hakol Beseder (everything is okay)!
Lots of love!

1 comment:

  1. So very happy that everything turned out so well!

    In honor of our old home, I vote that your kitchen have bright red appliances... settle for nothing less.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete