Monday, October 12, 2009

Noga My Mentor and the Minor Flood in Fichman 5

Wow- What a day indeed!

As you know, today I met my mentor (a.k.a. boss) from the Ministry of Tourism! Her name is Noga and she is incredibly sweet. She actually just started at her job about 2 months ago and from what it sounds like - there is a lot of work to be done. Everything from updating/changing website content, material used for Israel's tourism embassadors, picking out new gifts which are handed out to officials who visit the office - i dont know. I honestly can't say much else because I simply have no idea.

In any case, Noga is picking me up tomorrow morning at 7:15am. We are actually practically neighbors, because she lives on a street right next to mine! I know this isn't much and all of you (including myself) are anxious to find out WHAT IT IS that I will be doing. I promise you that as soon as I find out - I will be sure to let everybody know. The million dollar question! ;-)

In other news - Becca has officially moved out and I have a new roomie! His name is Alex and he is a 26 year old guy who recently made Aliya. He's from the states and has a degree in biology. Because of his age he is obligated to do military service - so he will eventually be drafted in about 5-6 months. I got good vibes from him - he seems mellow, very reasonable, and drama-free (baruch hashem). I think it's going to be just fine. So Alex moves in tomorrow and that will be the start of my new living arrangements. Fingers and toes crossed

Oh yes, and right as Becca left the apartment- the water hose to the toilet broke and water was getting everywhere. It was a shame that I didn't have my swim-suit on, otherwise I totally could have gone swimming. It's just funny how things happen in life. I saw all the water slowly creeping into the hallway and all I could do was laugh and take a picture. Just my luck right? Everything is fine now though - the landlord came over right away, stopped the leak, and is replacing the part tomorrow. *whew*. My first minor crisis in Israel and I think i more or less survived. :o)


so that's that folks! tomorrow is my big day. in fact, it is so big and i am so tired, that I haven't even really fully realized what is going on..... i will be working for the israeli government in the ministry of tourism!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! let's leave it at that before i jinx it. off to bed to get some MUCH MUCH needed sleep!

laila tov <3

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations with having 3rd NOGA.
    Now, just a bit more brains - and you are in business.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.... your Dad is amazing....HAHAHA!!

    On another note-- what's Noga's last name? Because there was an Israeli Noga in my Arabic Summer Language Program that was about to go work for the Israeli government upon returning-- I just don't remember where exactly.

    Anyways, I wonder if it's the same person.... :o)

    ReplyDelete