Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sitting on Babies and Holding My Breath...

Two bits of information to report for today (that's a big deal in my world haha).

Firstly - I had my first experience babysitting in Israel. There is a website called www.janglo.net (which stands for Jerusalem Anglos) which is more or less a crappier version of craigslist for Jerusalem.

Anymoo, last week when I was bored&frustrated at work, I was scrolling through the 'jobs' section and came across a post of a mom looking for a helper on Sunday December 27th. Her name is Tanya and she has three kids (all boys): Oldest is 6 years, middle is 4 (I think), and youngest is 2 months!

So I met her and the kids the other week, and just as soon as the door opened, I had a 4 year old jump into my arms and the 6 year old gave me a hug, grabbed me by the hand, and started pulling me inside....I guess they liked me! :o) Tanya called me later on to tell me that the kids loved me (whew) and that she would love my help today. It was only for about 3 hours (4:30-7:30) and she was home (which was very nice) and to top it all off --- KESEF!!! (That means *money*)

That's right ladies and gentlemen - I got PAID!!!! (25 NIS/hr) I completely forgot what it's like to get money for working! hahaha. Oh man. Ofcourse, that money was shortly spent on groceries, but never the less, it didn't come directly out of my pocket! EXCELLENT. Hopefully this gig will continue from time to time and I asked her to pass my name along to any other mom's in need of some babysitting.

The second bit that I'm really excited about (though I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch) is in regards to MEMRI. Remember that institute that I offered to volunteer at and sent my resume to?....well I got a call from a man named Yegal Carmen today asking if we could meet tomorrow!! EEEEEEEEE.

This is really great! Hopefully I will blow him away with...err....something...haha and will manage to do some volunteer work for the organization! I'm trying not to amp myself up about it too much, but just the thought of contributing to such a great organization gets me a little jumpy. I would *love* to put that on my resume.
Hopefully I will have some really great news to write about in this blog tomorrow :)

That's it. I'm going to go out and celebrate with a drink
BTW - did you know that it's almost 2010!?!?!?!?! WTF?!?!?! when did that happen?!?!

*oi-va-voy*
talk to you soon
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment